Nordwind Airlines is based on partnership with customers and this extends the way we handle personal information. We make a point of working with our customers when it comes to their information privacy.
We are committed to protect customer’s privacy online as in our reservations and customer loyalty systems. Clients have control over information we store and types of information received from us.
We may collect information from variety of sources, including information received directly; information received during website visit, usage of our services or contact; information from other sources.
Information received directly from clients
We collect information directly when client make or amend booking with us, or provide information directly to us. Examples of information collected directly:
- during flight booking we will ask for your name, date of birth and gender for purpose of Secure Flight,
- when managing your bookings, we provide you with online facility to review and make certain amendments to your bookings including providing us with additional information,
- if you are flying on route requiring Advanced Passenger Information form, we also collect your passport number; the country your passport was issued in and expiry date,
Information received during website visit, usage of our services or view our online advertisements.
Information From Other Sources
In order to keep our customers information up to date as much as possible and the offers we make as relevant as possible, we may supplement it with information from other sources. This may include information such as home movers, interests and geographic profiles.
Cookies are standard method of registering user preferences when people use websites, to ensure better and more personalized experience. These preferences are stored in file on your computer's hard disk drive. For example, cookie would contain your preferred country of residence so we do not have to ask you this question each time you visit.
Our website uses both persistent and session cookies. Persistent cookies are cookies that stay on your computer permanently until you "manually" delete them. Session cookies delete themselves automatically when you leave a website and go to another one or shut down your browser.
Nordwind has relationships with carefully selected and monitored suppliers to assist in delivery of high quality website. Some of these suppliers may also set cookies during your visit in order to meet contractual obligations with us. These cookies do not store any personal details relating to you, nor do they store payment card information or your credit cards.
For more information about cookies, including how to enable cookies, change your browser settings and find and delete cookies on your hard drive, please refer to your web browser's help menus or visit www.aboutcookies.org.
How We Use This Information
We may use information we collect about customers to provide services you request and to manage our site and records as well as to help us improve these services to clients.
Clients are informed of important administrative or service messages; we need to use information to contact clients, even where client stated he does not want to receive direct marketing.
- in order to update flight details and/or at your request to make changes to booking and contact you in case we need more information,
- in order to book tickets and register you online,
- in order to provide you with a high level of service,
- in order to react promptly to complaints and requests of our passengers,
- in order to improve the quality of passenger service.
If you provide us sensitive information, you give your full consent to the collection, processing, storage and transfer of this data in order to meet your requirements and ensure safety on board. For example, we use data on your dietary restrictions solely to provide you with suitable meals on board the aircraft.
We would like to be able to share with clients information about other products and services, special offers, exclusive fares and other news, so that you can take advantage of the best we can offer. We only use this information with client’s permission.
- where you have given us your consent Nordwind would like to keep in touch with you by post, phone and electronic mail with account updates, news, special offers and promotions,
- we may disclose your information to third parties, like data processing companies, who may provide marketing services on our behalf. You will not be directly contacted by third parties as a result of giving us your details,
- We will use the most recent consent you have given us, or the most specific consent, subject to the time it takes us to reflect these changes in our systems and/or processes.
Personal information will not be given to any third party, except extent and for purpose we may be required to do so by any law or for the fulfillment of this contract between us.
We may occasionally use third party companies to manage collation, processing and storage of personal information and sensitive personal information on our behalf. These companies are carefully selected and screened to ensure maximum protection of security and privacy and are permitted to use Information only in accordance with our instructions.
How to change your Personal Information
If you have subscribed to receive news and special offers from Nordwind link will appear at the bottom of each email sent to you which will enable you to unsubscribe from receiving this information.
If you wish to receive a copy of information we hold about you; You are entitled to receive a copy of personal information we hold about you. Simply submit a Request by printing off, completing and sending in the form.