Moscow – Orsk – Moscow flights were resumed on the 16th of August: Nordwind performed its 1st scheduled flight on a modern Embraer 190 aircraft. The aircraft are intended for transportation of 110 passengers in its comfortable economy class cabin.
Nordwind flights to Orsk under the scheduled flight program shall be operated as follows: departure from Orsk at 05:25, arrival to Moscow at 05:55. Turnaround flight departures at 00:10 and arrives to Orsk at 04:35. The price for a one-way ticket starts from 4050 Rubles.
Despite the early arrival of the 1st flight, the passengers were greeted by numerous reporters of the local TV channels, radio stations, printed and electronic media.
Due to lack of scheduled flights from Orsk, its citizens were forced to fly from Orenburg, situated 300 km from Orsk. Nordwind’s convenient flight schedule allows about quarter of a million citizens to travel from their home town and within 2,5 hours arrive to Moscow at the beginning of a business day.
"The new flight provides Orsk citizens with a quality travel in accordance with a comfortable schedule at attractive price. From now on Nordwind’s wide network of flights to popular touristic destinations will be available to the travelers of this town", - says Imran Nazarov, the airline’s commercial director.
Today Nordwind Airlines:
- is in TOP-7 Russian airlines in terms of passenger turnover;
- holds the 221st place in top-500 of Russian business leaders according to RosBusinessConsulting;
- has a worldwide network including more than 200 destination;
- performs 500 flights weekly;
- operates 25 aircraft (the fleet shall be expanded to 50 aircraft by 2019);
- transported 3.5 mln passengers with its scheduled flights in 2017 (that is 3.5 times more than in 2016).