Families and children
Departure of infant children from Russian territory shall be regulated by the laws of Russian Federation. Infant child shall leave territory of Russian Federation with at least one parent, foster parent, fiduciary or tutor. Should the minor citizen of the Russian Federation leave the Russian Federation unaccompanied, he shall in addition to passport for travelling abroad be in possession of a notarized statement of consent of above mentioned persons for exit of minor citizen with indication of duration of exit and country that he intends to visit.
By request of passenger made in advance not later than 24 hours before departure, child may be provided with baby foods (BBML). Should a prior request be not made when booking the ticket, children of up to 2 years old (without individual place) shall not be provided with meals on board. Passengers travelling with children up to 2 years old shall not be placed on board near emergency exits and safety equipment.
Baby food necessary for feeding the child in flight is allowed to be carried in hand luggage. Water is subject to restrictions, the volume is not more than 100 ml.
For infants following without separate seat, only a free baggage allowance is allowed, which is 1 seat weighing not more than 10 kg and a sum of three measurements not exceeding 203 cm. Hand luggage is not provided.
A baby carriage, including light weight completely folding stroller carried in luggage compartment of the aircraft as registered baggage in excess of established rate. Passenger can use the carriage before landing on board the aircraft. Carriage is obligatory transferred for loading into the luggage compartment just before boarding aircraft.
Places for passengers with children
Due to security rules seats near emergency exits are not provided to passengers with children up to 16 years old. Only one infant without separate seat can be accommodated at the seats block, consisting of 2, 3 or 4 seats.
Transportation of pregnant women shall be carried out under general conditions if made not later than 4 weeks before the assumed delivery date. It is desirable to provide medical conclusion confirming satisfactory state for pregnant women expecting delivery within next 4 weeks, or if possible complications might be anticipated due to multiple fetation or pathologies. The passengers of this category shall be admitted to transportation on condition that transporter is not responsible for eventual negative consequences for mother or fetus to be confirmed by the passenger signing a respective obligation. Medical certification shall be formalized not earlier than 7 days before the flight.
- domestic flights: from 5 to 12 years,
- International flights: from 6 to 12 years,
- by request of parents: from 12 to 16 years.
Children under the age of 5 are not accepted for transportation as unaccompanied children.
Minor is accepted for carriage without an adult passenger accompanying:
On domestic flights:
- ticket, - identity document: birth certificate - for children under 14 years old / passport - for children over 14 years of age, - “Agreement for carriage of an unaccompanied minor”, - medical certificate on the state of health of the child (if necessary).
On international flights:
- ticket, - identity document: foreign passport, - preliminary agreement of carrier for carriage of unaccompanied minor, - “Agreement for carriage of an unaccompanied minor” executed by a parent/warden (lawful representative), - notarized agreement for international flight of unaccompanied minor without escort, indicating the time of departure and the country.
Rules for document registration:
1. Request for "preliminary agreement of carrier for carriage of unaccompanied minor" is issued in partner agencies when you buy a ticket.
2. “Agreement for carriage of an unaccompanied minor” is executed by representative of carrier (agent) at the airport of departure 3 hours before departure of flight on schedule
Transportation of unaccompanied minors is carried out only: - to airports there are representatives of carrier or agents, - on direct flights of carrier, to first landing point, - in economy class with payment of a full adult tariff (normal economy tariff).
The allocation of unaccompanied minors on board performed on basis of the following criteria: - seat is not located in emergency and emergency exits, - there is a rescue equipment, - air steward can monitor the child during the flight.
Check-in of unaccompanied minors cannot be performed through airline’s web-site.
Accompanying minor must remain at departure airport before actual departure of the aircraft.